Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Personal Growth


Although Fall break felt like it came and went far too quickly, so much was achieved. Over the course of those two weeks, I have had personal growth in several different aspects.

For one, as odd as it may sound, I grew in the sense that I learned how to accept that there is still a child in me, and I should embrace that. I am still young and there is no need to grow up completely so fast. Disney World will do that to people!

Another way that I grew over the two weeks was finally deciding that I have to manage my time better with work, no matter how much I want to put it off. Being bored senseless is better than having a break down from stress at the end of break, while trying to finish everything at the last minute.

In addition to that, I grew rather significantly in my drawing abilities, especially while working with photoshop. Over the break, I probably did at least ten drawing on there, and messed around with different affects to gain a better understanding of how everything works.

Lastly, I grew by becoming more responsible with my sisters, giving up some of my own time to help my mom out. She needed a vacation a lot more than I did, but with the two babies I knew that she wasn’t going to get much relaxation in, especially since they were both just getting over being sick. Because of this, I decided to watch them as much as I could; playing with them, keeping them from getting into things, stopping Sophie from tackling Savannah, playing with them in the pool, getting up with them when they woke up in the middle of the night, taking them onto rides at Disney, and so on. I wish I could have helped out more, but I’m glad I at least assisted in allowing my mom to finally have some time to not be worrying about one thing or another.

No comments:

Post a Comment