Thursday, October 13, 2011

Personal Growth


Over break, I grew as a softball player. I realized that if the more I played, the repetition would train me to do it correctly during a game. One week, I played softball every single day. I constantly went out to practice on my own, whether it was to practice my throwing, my fielding, or my batting. Batting is based on repetition; the more swings you take, the more of a chance that you get your swing down to get a hit during the game. The week I played everyday, I started a hitting streak. I had gone at least 10 games getting a hit. Those days that I didn't have any softball games, I was around a softball field. I was either watching my sister or my cousin play. Watching them play opened my eyes to specific situations that were odd. But watching them play made me realize what was the best thing to do in those situations so that the plays would go as smoothly as possible with the least amount of chaos. They aren't kidding when they say that practice makes perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment