Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Personal Growth

Over the past 2 weeks of break I personally grew more independent and family orientated. The first week I spent most of my time at home taking care of my brother while my parents were busy working double time. My family and I grew a big gap with trust due to a personal and family issue the past few months but throughout break that gap started to patch up a bit. To regain my family's trust I grew more responsible at home and for myself. Instead of going out with friends I devoted my time with family and volunteered at my church's yearly festival. I started going to church more often since I wasn't as connected to my faith as I used to be. My little brother and I grew distant as we both became attached to technology and the use of the internet but every once in a while I took him out to the park and bought him frozen yogurt. The second week of break I went on a cruise. I also grew more family orientated as I spent my week hanging out with my whole family. On the cruise however I gained some trust and independence by going to this teen club which enabled me to leave late at night and socialize with other teens on the ship. My parents trusted me to join this club and it was quite the experience to meet new people and do things away from family and on my own. I learned a lot throughout this break and hope to maintain it.

No comments:

Post a Comment