Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Personal Growth


Over fall break, I grew more as a person, an athlete, and as a daughter. Throughout the break I realized that I need to be more motivated and have more determination. I realized this through the lack of progress I've made in the sport I participate in, which is swimming. Since I am a pretty competitive person at times, I realized that I really have to push myself harder not only in practice, but in everything I do as well. And after being more motivated both in and out of the pool, I've gotten more power in my legs for kicking and improved my stamina which will definitely help me when competing in swim meets. Another personal growth that I experienced over the break was becoming a better daughter. Since I am going to have a new baby brother or sister by the end of March, I realized that I need to start being more responsible and especially more helpful around the house and with my mom. Although I did not transform into a completely different person, this personal growth over the break has made me a better person overall and made me want to try to be even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment