Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Personal Growth Over the Break

These past two weeks of Fall Break were, sadly, fleeting, like a dream. However, they also seemed, in a way, like the longest two weeks of my life. I have learned so much and grown so much.

I grew a lot in regards to my marching band skills, both in playing the flute and in marching. I practiced flute almost everyday. While I am not yet at the level I would like to be at, I am slowly getting there and considering the short amount of time I have been playing the flute, I believe I am doing quite well. Over the break, we had two full-day practices and performed at the home football game the Friday of the second week.

I also grew in my singing. I sang a lot everyday, exposed myself to a wider variety of music, practiced my technique such as vibrato and singing notes out of my comfortable range, and worked on my music theory. My theory practiced helped me in areas outside of band and singing as well, and I learned several songs on the piano from sheet music as well. I experimented a lot on Garageband and made a few more recordings to be posted up on youtube soon!

My most notable and significant growth, however, would have to be my inner growth after an incident toward the beginning of the break where I let my heart get ahead of my head, which led to me ruining a lot of my break and getting grounded the whole time. I learned a lot about trust and making better choices and not getting ahead of myself. My parents and I are both adjusting to the fact that I am starting to grow up and become more independent now and this has made us both grow in our own ways. I am learning to become a wiser, more mature young lady. I want to make my parents proud.

In regards to literal growth, I'm pretty sure I grew a little, considering all the sweets I ate over the break...


No comments:

Post a Comment