Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Bio - Alyssa Flores


My name is Alyssa Flores & I am currently a 14 year old sophomore. Growing up I have developed a love for swimming. Since elementary I have been on a swim team known as South Bay Aquatics. There, I learned the fundamentals of swimming & what it feels like to compete. Just last year, I started swimming for the OHS swim team and made it on to varsity as a top swimmer. Being a part of the team made me more competitive and gave me the drive to be one of the best. By the end of the season, I made it to championships where I won 3 silver medals & 1 bronze. I also received the most improved swimmer award for dropping as much as 10 seconds in an individual event. Being a swimmer has made me realize how much I love being in the water & how much potential I have to succeed in the sport. Swimming has taught me to be competitive, have good sportsmanship and how much hard work can really pay off. With this inner drive to win, I am now determined to reach my goal of qualifying for next season's CIF.
I am the shortest one in the picture above. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment