Sunday, July 24, 2011

Don't Slack Off

After a relaxing summer break doing practically nothing, the first day of school came rolling in. Excited yet lazy, I came to school and caught up with some friends. When I got my schedule, I skimmed through what classes I had and went forward with my day. In my mind I thought, this school year is gonna be a walk in the park, just like freshman year. The second and third day of school came along and I was wrong. How ironic, right? I am a perfectionist. I like my notes to be neat and organized, but I can't do that when the teachers won't slow down. I rushed through my notes, barely keeping up as the teacher kept speeding up. My math review was a pain because I couldn't remember any of the work from last year and the teacher expected us to know it all without giving an in-class review lesson. In italian 3/4, my teacher spoke in all italian and no english, unlike freshman year. I had to ask my friend just to find out what the homework was. I guess what I'm trying to say is, don't slack off in highschool, especially after freshman year when the teachers stop holding your hand through everything. I've learned now that my procrastination and lack of participation in class won't cut it here. From now on, I have to focus and work extra hard because I know I want to graduate and become the student that all the colleges dream of having in their school. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment