Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Biography-Micah Jae

Hi my name is Micah Jae Taitague Smith. As you can see I goto Olympian High School. I am very blessed to have my family members as staff and students at Olympian as well. Some family members I have that are here are Coach Fran Taitague, Coach Chris Castro (Both defensive coaches for our Varsity football team), Melanie San Nicholas, Nik (Puha), and Kevin Castro. I am a religous person and am very grateful to have God, my family, and friends. My main priorty is to become a better student, daughter, grandaughter, sister, and basketball player. I was raised in a family by both my parents and grandparents. I am taught to be respectful, responsible, and to be helpful to others. My family and basketball has made me what i am today. I have been playing basketball since age 6. I have always strived and persevered to being a good player and to develop skills that people will become impressed by because of my height! I am 5'3 and still growing (lol). As I was saying I was also raised to be competitive with all my friends and family. I will always be determined to keep my winning streak when playing my family my sport. Basketball to me is a passion, its what makes me, me. I play to relieve stress, to have time to think, and to try to stay on "track". Last year I was a lady eagle who played on the olympian girls freshman team. Although I was very determined to make it to varsity and sadly didnt, I still strived and persevered to do my best and was grateful to become apart of such a precious moment. By the end of the season our record was 13-0. We really couldnt have done it without our teamwork and our dedication and love we got from our coach, Bob Aguilar. At our banquet I tresaure the award and many special words Coach Bob said to me. I was grateful to have earned Best Offensive Player due to my average of 18 points per game. Coach Bob pretty much said to me that I was a goofball and always got in trouble for messing around, but when it came to game time, i was always there to support and help my team. He always said to me, " Your the quarterback, always setup the team, be the leader and help your team, don't mess around or they will follow. Be a good example to your team." I will always remember him and all his knowledge and skills he taught us about that truly helped me become a better player. As of last year I also played volleyball, although I wasn't very good, it was a good experience. This year I hope to play again and to become better this time. I also can not wait for BASKETBALL SEASON to come. My second family is the Varsity basketball team, although some of my "family" has graduated, we are still a family forever. This year my goal is to become a VARSITY lady eagle. I have been practicing non-stop literally. Hopefully all the hardwork pays off.. I will continue to strive and to become a better person all around. Whether it is me becoming a better player or becoming a more helpful MATURE family member, I will try my best. I am very blessed and thankful for who and what i have today.

1 comment:

  1. BTW my other goal is to get a scholarship to go to play college womans basketball or to play on the WNBA. It is my dream and if I push myself i can acheive it.

    ReplyDelete