Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Kiani Marie Williams

Hello, my name is Kiani Marie Williams. In the pictures above I am seen with my color guard family, ready to perform and just chilling out together. In the picture on the left, we are set for our first winterguard competition at Del Norte High School on February 12, 2011. At that particular competition I believe we got third... out of four. But hey, it was our first competition! What else did you expect? In the picture on the right, we are having a good time at Disneyland for our Band/Colorguard trip. It was so much fun spending time with my band and color guard friends and just chilling out after a year of hard work <3.The video above shows one of our best performances of the winterguard season, the competition at Mission Hills High School. We were extremely ecstatic and proud to receive first place. Our whole team felt the feeling of accomplishment and like our hard work finally paid off. Color guard isn't just a performing art. It's a sport. It's not as easy as it looks, it's not just throwing around a few flags, wooden guns, and metal swords. It's filled with eight hour practices, soar muscles, many injuries, and not to mention a ton of practicing. But don't get me wrong, it all pays off. You become so close with your team, you learn so many new skills, and it's just such a unique sport you won't find anything like it. I've grown really attached to Color guard, but I decided not to do it this year because I would like to go back to dancing <3, try some new things, and our team just won't be the same for some personal reasons. But I love color guard, and I am going to continue helping out and being involved with the guard even though I am not officially a part of the team.

No comments:

Post a Comment