Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Blackout

   On Thursday afternoon a blackout made many people unprepared. my mom was fortunate to go to Vons and get Ice and water to prevent the meet from spoiling. As it got darker, it became more difficult to see and finish my homework. So I light some candle and made a wall out of foil to reflect the lights of the candle in order to make it more brighter. Then my mom realized that we should just go in the car so we have better lights and it worked. I also kept hydrating because I had a cross country race the following day. In the morning on Friday, the school called and said it would be cancelled. However, the games and meets were not cancelled. This experience made me realize that we don't need electricity to survive. on the other hand, people are so reliable on technology that it has made people of the world more lazy. For example, people become obsessed of technology that they don't spend as much time outside of their homes since they are on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment