Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Blackout

The blackout on September 8, 2011 was the longest i've ever experienced. That day, after I came home from school, I was so tired, I decided to take a nap. After I woke up, I heard my dad talking about how none of the gas stations weren't open. I thought that was strange but I payed no attention to it until I tried turning on the t.v. Then thats when I was finally confirmed there was a power outage. Since there was little time before the sun was about to go down I had to still do homework. Luckily, right before the sun went down, was when I completed all my homework. It was completely dark except for the tiny lights that lit my house by the candles. For awhile I was on my phone updating Facebook when sadly, I noticed the battery on my phone was about to run out. The time was already 9:30. With nothing to do, I tried to go to sleep still thinking we still have school the next day. I was worried because without power, I couldn't blow dry or straighten my hair. The next day, exactly at 7:00, I woke up to the t.v. turned on to the news. I was relieved the power was back one because they said it could last about 2 days. I was also relieved that there was no school considering me also waking up late.

No comments:

Post a Comment