Tuesday, September 13, 2011

San Diego Blackout

















On thursday September the 8th, San Diego had just experienced a blackout. It was caused by a power outage in Arizona which had spread all the way up towards Los Angels area. This was something that was going to be in San Diego history. Besides all this information what happened when I learned we just had a blackout was during volleyball practice. Right when I got into the gym I asked Micah what had happened to all the lights, and she had said "we just had a blackout" and in my mind I was just excited. Yes it may have not been the right time to be excited but I was because our coach had said "hey you will be living as if we were all in the 50's" and it was. After practice was over I tried calling my mom and thankfully it kind went through. So for dinner my mom and lolo already had cooked pasta and it was still warm. That was out dinner. Towards the night time my mom lighted up all the candles so we could see. I was thankful we had no school the next day because I was able to sleep in and go pick up my dad on the ship. Yes, september the 8th will always be on of my favorite memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment