Monday, August 22, 2011

Being a Good Samaritan

In elementary school, we had an assignment where we had to draw and use our creativity. This assignment required us to use the resources around the classroom including construction paper, markers, scissors, glue, and crayons.  Our classroom had a giant box of crayons organized by colors, and it was kept on the top shelf of the cabinet.  One student decided to get them out of the cabinet, while the rest of us waited and watched so we could get our share of crayons.  While grabbing the box, he knocked it over and all of the crayons spilled all over the floor.  I could tell he was embarrassed, because after that everyone got quiet and stared.  I felt sympathy and I decided to help pick up the crayons.  A similar situation has happened to me and I knew how embarrassed I felt; so I guess I just wanted to ease the pain off of him.   After that, the other bystanding students helped out also.  He seemed to feel  better when everyone got down on their knees to help.  I felt accomplished knowing that I not only made a student feel better but I also set an example that my fellow students followed.

No comments:

Post a Comment