Tuesday, August 23, 2011

I was a good samaritan

I rember when I was twelve my family an I went to Tijuana, Mexico to go help out a foster home that we had heard of . I put in a big Hefty bag so much clothes, shoes,toys that Ithought the kids in this house coud use. When I started getting closer and closer towards the foster home I was looking around and this neighborhood was horrible, there was trash everywhere, beer bottles all over the floor and the houses looked so ugly. I couldnt belive what I was seeing it seemed crazy to even think that someone would live in a neighboorhood like this. once we arrived at thee house I saw the kids that lived in this little house the size of a condo, in this house there were at least kids. The kids in this home were dirty looking had riped clothes and some of it didnt even fit them, the kids age started from 1 all the way to 17 years old. Seeing the enviorment that these kids were living in made me very grateful for what Ihave, and made me realize how lucky I am. It fely good to help out these kids by gving them items that they neede and were clan. While i was there my dad made a carne asada for these kids they were all telling him how they had been praying to God for a long time for meat. I started to think back and reqalized that to me meat was like anyother item didnt really care for it but now I do. point is I was a good samaritan that day and it felt good, and iI am very happy that I helped these kids out.

No comments:

Post a Comment