Monday, August 22, 2011

Melody, The Samaritan


It was a cold, and rainy day, somewhere in the month of April, in the current year 2011. My stepdad picked me up from school in his car, and we were stuck in traffic, because of all the other students in cars and the rain. On the sidewalk, I see a girl that I barely even knew, who apparently was told to walk home in wet weather by her parents. (I know my mother would never allow me to walk home during a rainy day, even if it was lightly sprinkling). I rolled down the window, and she looked at me, while I asked, "Hey, did you need a ride home?". She stared at me with a peculiar face, however, slowly stared walking towards my stepdad's car, when I opened the left car door. I shut it closed for her, after she came inside, and took a deep breathe. "What is your name?" I inquired. "Oh... My name is Tianna." she replied, then looking off to the side. "Hello, Tianna! Just tell us where to go, and I will drop you off." And so she told us the directions to her house while the rain was still pouring down from the sky. When we finally reached the destination, she opened the car door, smiled while waving, and said "Thank you very much for the ride."

No comments:

Post a Comment