Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Good Samaritan



Being a good samaritan does not always require a whole lot. Sometimes all it takes is a minute out of your day to show some courtesy. I remember a time when I was placed in position were I could choose to help someone in need. My older sister, and my neice and I were walking out of Wal Mart one day carrying our purchased items in our hands just like other fellow shoppers exiting the mart. Before we reached the street , an older lady in the middle of it dropped her three large plastic containers. I heard the sound of the bins dropping and quickly went up to help, handing the groceries to my older sister. At first I helped stack them in her arms, but saw that it would be too much to juggle for her. I changed my mind and took them from her and said, "Its okay, I'll walk it to your car!" She seemed glad for my help and led me to a her blue vehicle parked in a handy-cap space not too far away. I was happy I could help and went along with my day as normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment