Tuesday, August 23, 2011

A Good Samaritan

My last birthday party was a swimming pool party at my house, where the pool is five feet at its deepest. As with all of my parties, I invited my cousins over. My cousin Zachary is seven years old and less than five feet tall. I did not know that he could not swim; my uncle did not tell me. At first, Zachary was holding onto the edges and staying in the section that was three feet deep. After a while, the pool started picking up currents from the constant movement in and out of the pool. Somehow, my cousin managed to get to the deepest part of the pool. At the moment, I was laughing and playing with my friends and had no idea what was going on. Suddenly, I hear frantic slapping of the water and I turn to see what it is. I then hear, "HELP!" My cousin was struggling! I swam as fast as I could to him and carried him out to the edge of the pool where my uncle pulled him out. Thankfully, he did not manage to get water into his lungs or drown; he was just a little panicky. Gratefully, I was able to get to him fast enough, I may have possibly saved his life.

No comments:

Post a Comment