Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Hurricane Irene


This weekend, Hurricane Irene swept through states in the East Coast causing great destruction and many deaths. High winds and tornadoes have reached Virginia, North Carolina, West Virginia, New Jersey, and Delaware. The Hurricane caused floods and brought mandatory evacuations, power outages, airline and transportation shutdowns. Several lives were taken due to car accidents and falling tree limbs. The U.S is now facing a debt of about 7.1 billion dollars from damage. Many are being affected as we know it and I happen to have left New Jersey just 2 weeks ago. I remember that the weather was rainy and off but luckily my family and I left before the Hurricane hit. So far one of my family friends have been affected due to the harsh winds and a tree crashing down on her house. People are still recovering from this disaster and being given constant aid. 

No comments:

Post a Comment