Tuesday, August 23, 2011

I Am a Good Samaritan



When the words "good samaritan" come to mind, most people think of Red Cross members, care home volunteers, or maybe even Mother Teresa. Honestly, I did not rescue injured victims, feed the homeless, or start a charity; but I am a good samaritan. How, you may ask? Well, once I happened to be walking in the halls on my way to class where a frantic girl accidentally spilled all her papers on the floor. The wind swayed her papers around as she quickly chased them. There were a lot of onlookers passing by but to my surprise, no one offered to help her. I got down on my knees and helped her gather her things. She thanked me and I was glad to have helped. I know that may seem too simple to even be considered as good samaritan character but if it was really that simple, then how come no one else helped her? I lended her a helping hand out of the kindness of my heart and that is all that's important. I am a good samaritan.

No comments:

Post a Comment