Monday, August 8, 2011

Controversial School Policy

A controversial school policy in Olympian High School is the Safe Zone for lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transsexual students. It is required by law, in the state of California, to have specially designed areas where LGBT students can not feel any fear of being bullied by their peers. Many religions will agree with me that having a gay or lesbian sexual preference is not only bad for the community, but it is also bad for the individual who is experiencing that change. What I would do to change this is that if I fulfill my dream of being president of the United States, I will change these laws and many others pertaining to LGBT people and their "rights". Since I am not president yet and can not be president for a while yet, what I can do for now is not accept or be part of these laws.

No comments:

Post a Comment